Sunday, September 13, 2009

1/2 Assed

So, we are finally settled in our Detroit home. We've been here 2 weeks and have had 2 sets of family visitors so I've pushed myself to complete *most* of the unpacking. But now that there's been a tiny baby lull, the crafting bug has hit again (inspired by Mary's bacon and eggs and Adele's love of garage-sale-ing). The only problem is... I have a billion little half finished projects I've been meaning to get out of the way... so here they are in all their mediocre glory. I have to say I feel quite unsettled about presenting my unfinished products, but I want to get them on here and out of the way. Please forgive all the wrinkles, blurry photos and generally disheveled goods.

1.) My very first sewing maching venture... dress for Chloe that turned out only to be able to fit a doll...damn free patterns online. If any of you out there have a naked baby doll that needs a dress I'll send it your way.
2.) A sweet little vintage number for the kitchen...if only I could tie it around my waist.

After Chloe was born I was determined to make a little something just for myself...
3.) A Yo Yo quilt --- easiest craft on the block, but time consuming. I hope to finish it by Chloe's 2nd birthday.
4.) Here's a bib...all it lacks is a clasp.

5.) I've been promising Britton a seaside themed guest room since before Chloe was in the womb. I got this vintage bird book at a garage sale and stripped it of all it's seaside birds. So far, I've just mashed them all onto a wall....both the bookcase and wall need a lot more work, but you get the idea.
6.) Chloe's room has been a dream in the making for a long time. It's a teeny tiny room, not big enough for a bed but has a great wall of built-ins. The theme is going to be vintage childrens books. I keep finding amazing things at garage sales... it's just a start....
and here is the light above her not-so-formal pack n'play.

The end....or, rather.... the middle.

6 comments:

Kathleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathleen said...

Love the book theme! Chloe will be a little bookworm in no time!

Bird Feed said...

Molly oh Molly - what kind of sewing machine do you have?! I'm on a quest to find a sewing machine and have no clue what to get. Also - you inspire me. I love the vintage children's books theme!

Adele said...

Molly, you are amazing. I seriously am so motivated by your artistic endeavors.

M Weisse said...

Is that a map of Rome I spy in on Choe's shelf? Speaking of good things to find a garage sales!.... I freakin love maps! Anyway, I like all of your half finished projects because they make me feel much better about all of mine.

Alissa said...

Half assed, my ass! Chloe's room looks more put together and beautiful in the what, 3 days that you have live there, than my girls' room looks in the 2 YEARS we have lived here. Way to go, Molly. You are my inspiration.