Thursday, July 23, 2009

Wired.

I saw these wire name hangers on Etsy and decided to make them for the girls. And what can I say, I HEART wire.


Anyway, I whipped Ev's together in about half an hour. Awesome. But then I got to Joph's and realized that I was going to have to squeeze in several more letters. Unfortunately, it was a little too squeezed and the first "Josephine" hanger attempt was scrapped.






This is a photo of the "Light at the End of the Tunnel" stage on the second Joph hanger. (You know, when your project is almost finished and there is very little for you to possibly screw up.)





And here is the finished product. I am really proud of the dot over the "i". It lends a little attitude, don't you think?


7 comments:

stongies said...

rock ON Alissa...seriously. Can I buy one from you for little Chloster?

Alissa said...

Friend, I will make you one for FREE. All it will cost you is a plane ticket to DC sometime this fall. And you don't even have to stay with me! (Kathleen would kill you anyway :)

stongies said...

I feel like we should barter...not only because I don't want you to make me something for nothing...but also because I want to be able to tell people that I barter.

M Weisse said...

Amazing Liss! You really should sell them. What kind of wire did you use and what tools. Granted I think it may be a little girly for the Jimbo, but I am still intrigued. Hopefully, I will have a girl some day you know. Details please.

M Weisse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bird Feed said...

Seriously impressive Alissa.

Alissa said...

Molly: I will totally barter with anything you want to give me. I love bartering.
Mary: I appreciate the love, coming from a Neverending Story creating genious such as yourself. All I used was brass wire, (I think that it was about 19 gauge) some needle nose pliers, and my hands. I actually found that the pliers made irreversible bends so I tried to limit their use to really extreme bends. (Also, they dented the wire a little bit, which bugged me to death.)
Becca: I miss you. And your baby that I have not met.