Well in light of Molly's ridiculously awesome Chloester dress, I'm really wishing my first post was about some fabulous sewn creation, but sadly I'm not at that point yet...so, I won't pretend.
This post is about glue.
A few months ago I posted some recent cheats on apartment therapy concerning my love for fabri-tac (the best fabric glue in america...and probably anywhere else), but I'm going to post a more in depth version here.
First up, the pillow cheat:
Our beloved sofa came with very blah pillows:
And at the time I didn't have access to a sewing machine and wasn't patient(sadly, that part still hasn't changed ;) but I did have two 12"x12" squares of bare tree sheer fabric that I rescued from the trash can at the textile fiorm where I was working.
First, I removed the pillow inners from the existing pillow case.
Then, I very carefully and precisely (kidding, kidding) folded a 1 inch crease on each edge and squeezed fabritac on it. I repeated until all folded in edges were covered with a thin line of glueThen, I carefully turned the fabric over and placed it glue side down on top of the existing pillow cover. I pressed one edge at a time, making sure I lined the gluey edge perfectly with the crease where the piping meets the rest of the pillow, so that it looks like it's sewn on (and NOT glued)
I waited for the pillow cover to dry (about an hour), then put the pillow insert back into the case--new pillow!
I'm happy to report that after 4 months they're still looking just fine.