Monday, March 22, 2010

handmade invitations












We're having a party and I really wanted to send handmade invitations. I loved these. I decided on a little Asian flare for ours - inspired by my grandmothers influence of teaching me origami at a young age I decided to use an origami lily. I actually went to YouTube and watched a tutorial on making the lily. The girls voice and squawking birds got on my nerves, I muted it, and watched away. It took energy and time to make the invitations, but in the end I am glad people "got mail" in the literal way and not the cyber. =)


6 comments:

Julie said...

Those are gorgeous.

Kay Pea said...

Des--those are BEAUTIFUL.

Kathleen said...

Giiiiirrrrrl! I had no idea you were a Origami ninja!

Ellen Connolly said...

i am beside my self at how glorious these are! emily post and martha stewart salute you!

Catherine said...

those are awesome...origami has always elluded me...I am impressed by your mad skills..

Leah Moss said...

Des, you lily making bad ass, those are beautiful!!!